Ardentia (now IQVIA) had been providing business intelligence solutions to the healthcare sector since 1990, helping organisations to manage and improve the delivery of healthcare. Ardentia worked with a wide range of organisations in the NHS including acute trusts, mental health trusts, community services and strategic health authorities, and was a widely recognised leader in Health Technology. To help support its growth and increase its business, Ardentia decided it needed to cultivate recognition throughout the healthcare sector. With hospitals experiencing increased patient traffic and new patient care targets, Ardentia wished to establish itself as an authority and thought leader on health system management, and to convert this status into new business opportunities. Context was briefed to build Ardentia’s profile as a market authority, and promote positive media coverage, whilst also raising awareness of the diversity of products Ardentia offered.
Context directed a targeted and effective PR strategy, combining marketing, online communications and media relations programmes.
- Generate awareness of Ardentia – Context planned and implemented a coordinated and intensive programme of press releases, promoting Ardentia’s customer deployments, company growth and product launches. this included features on the company in key health titles such as: Health Service Journal, E-Health Insider, Primary Care Today and the Care Services Journal
- Position Ardentia as a market leader in its field – Context’s relationship with key media ensured that Ardentia was frequently asked to comment on current affairs and market changes.
- Thought leadership – Context placed authoritative thought leadership articles in key national and trade publications. This demonstrated Ardentia’s knowledge of the industry and knowledge around issues faced by the organisations it services.
- Web content to boost Ardentia’s web presence and rankings – Context published weekly SEO optimised blogs to demonstrate thought leadership, and to improve search engine performance. The content was tailored to meet the demands of the visitors to Ardentia’s site and its target demographic.
- Case studies and social proof – To support Ardentia’s sales and marketing teams, Context managed the production of a number of case studies, outlining their successes and aiding them in securing new business opportunities.
- Enhance visibility – Context developed a series of email campaigns to generate awareness of Ardentia’s services. These were specifically written for the needs of the particular sectors they targeted.
Ardentia became a respected name and authority on health information and management systems, and at the same time continued to increase its sales and to win new business:
- Increased sales and profits- Ardentia quadrupled its sales revenue from £1.1 million to £4.4 million during the period. Increased its profits by over 600% in one year.
- News business wins – Sealed a £9 million contract to reorganise NHS care records together will a number of major NHS software contracts throughout the UK.
- Awareness led to expansion into overseas markets.
- Attracted a takeover from IMS Health, now IQVIA
- Ardentia was ranked #33 in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Named as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA company.
“Context has been vital in the promotion of Ardentia and are always suggesting new ideas and initiatives to maintain an effective media relations campaign, raising the awareness of our company in our key target areas.” Marketing Director, Ardentia